OUR COMMITMENTS - OUR VALUES
Heritage enhancement over the centuries:
Our mas built at the end of the 18th century has known several owners and several lives:
- Magnanerie in the 19th century, he then experienced various farm and habitat activities ,
- Bought in 2000 from the last farmer by a couple who renovated it and transformed it into a guest house .
Under the spell of the golden stones and the inner soul of the farmhouse, we bought it back in 2018.
We have fitted out the old shed in keeping with the Provençal style to make it the guest lounge, created the "Clairefontaine" studio, refreshed and air-conditioned the bedrooms, and refurbished various outdoor spaces.
The furnishings have been designed in accordance with the origin of the premises: Provençal furniture, restored and/or antique.
Fontaine des Magnarelles opens in 2019.
The large garden is planted with local species , laurels, olive trees, mulberry trees... and its path lined with cypresses from Provence welcomes you with elegance on your arrival.
Around us, paths, a few houses, fields, orchards ... a privileged location thanks to the calm of the campaign that calls for serenity, a value that we want to share with our guests.
In the rooms, no television , but we provide a large library as well as board games to enjoy simple and instructive leisure
We make it a point of honor to welcome you warmly by giving a complete tour of the estate and indicating all the facilities at your disposal for your comfort and relaxation.
We are available to exchange on your visit wishes in the region, advise you and provide you with various guides and documents from the Tourist Offices.
With us, the atmosphere is authentically Provencal, friendly and attentive , without ostentatious luxury.
To share even more with you, from spring 2022, the table d'hôtes and its choice of drinks will be there to delight you with the flavors of Provence.
What we have already implemented :
- Replacement of the oil boiler by a heat pump (PAC)
- Heating programming at 19 degrees, and back-up in each room by reversible air conditioning (PAC)
- Replacement of incandescent bulbs with LED lights
- Monthly electricity consumption statement for better management
- Installation of timers or presence detectors for lighting passageways
- Double glazing on all frames
- Professional washing machine and dryer to optimize electricity and water consumption
- Charging socket for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Partnership with bike rental company, for gentle mobility
- Watering of the garden programmed at night to limit evaporation
- Use of well water (not drinkable) for watering
- Swimming pool covered at night to reduce evaporation and maintain the temperature
- Start of installation of aerators on the taps
- Rooms equipped with showers and not bathtubs
- Operation of the fountain in closed circuit
- Limitation of single-use products: the showers are equipped with refillable liquid soap bottles
- Compost bin for organic materials, including biodegradable plant tissue tea bags
- Sorting of waste at source according to the rules of the municipality: glass, paper, cardboard, plastic, metal
- Recycling of coffee capsules: choice of capsules to preserve excellent taste and health quality - Recycling for a solidarity program: the collection points receive financial donations for the associations of their choice. We contribute in this way to the association Les P'tits Doudous d'Avignon to improve the comfort of hospitalized children
- Steam cleaning of floors and windows: hygienic and chemical-free
- In the garden, limitation of the use of phytosanitary products, use of black soap
- Change of towels every 3-4 days, change of bed linen once a week
SHORT CIRCUITS :
- The Vaucluse is an agricultural department rich in quality products: we select local production as a priority, and if possible from Organic Farming, from vegetable gardens, orchards, sheep farms in Fontaine de Vaucluse, free-range pigs from Ventoux, trout from Isle sur la Sorgue, free-range poultry from Thor, sheep's and goat's cheese from Pernes Les Fontaines, etc...
- The wines selected on our menu are all from Vaucluse and come from organic farming, guarantee of quality for our guests and support for the local economy as for the food products listed above
- Beds and bed linen made in France
AWARENESS OF OUR GUESTS:
- Displays encourage our guests to turn off lights and air conditioning when leaving the rooms
- Displays explain to our guests the selective sorting set up on the estate for waste
New actions will continue to emerge regularly to take into account the requirements of our planet while preserving the comfort and quality of reception.